[Tutor] Problem with Saved File

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 6 06:42:12 EDT 2019

On 05/04/2019 19:59, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> I am using Spyder v-3.3.3 on Debian Stretch and have written a script to
> process data from another application.  I am having a problem saving the
> resulting file [A] as a column vector.
>
> The vector is saved by  np.savetxt(name_s,[A]).
>
> When I open the file in Spyder it is a column vector, but when I import
> the saved file into QtiPlot it is a line vector.

Your questions are not really about python but about the specific third
party libraries you are using. The best place to get support on those is
from their providers. For NumPy its the SciPy community. I'm guessing
QtiPlot is part of Qt?

By targeting the community who use/support those libraries you are much
more likely to find an answer than on a general Python/Programming list
like tutor. But there are a few numpy users here so you may get lucky.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site