[Tutor] Fwd: uploading images in pygame

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 18:33:47 EDT 2019

On 16/04/2019 20:54, fatima butt wrote:
> please i am getting error..

Hi, we need to be quite specific here about the details
because it is not clear exactly what you are trying to do.

> i am trying to upload image from openspaceart
> from internet .

Just to be clear.
Uploading means going from your computer onto a server
on the internet. So, I'm assuming what you are trying
to do is download an image from openspaceart to your
computer. Is that correct?

Or are you in fact trying to upload an image from your
computer to the openspaceart server?

There is a big difference between the two.

> I have downloaded the image on my desktop

So it sounds like you have succeeded in downloading
the image from the server and now have a copy on
your local computer? Is that correct?

> and i am trying
> to upload this to the pygame.

But pygame is not on a network it is on your computer
so you don't need to upload the image, you should
just need to access it from within pygame.

To help with that we need to know exactly what you
are trying to do with the image in pygame. Are you
displaying it as a background? Creating sprites?
Using it as part of a GUI, maybe on a button?

It would really help if you can show us some code.
Even if it doesn't work it will help us understand
what you are trying to do.

Also if you get any error messages send them too.
But send it as text, the list does not accept
attachments since they pose a security risk.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site