[Tutor] When you think to setup the __class__ of a module object to a subclass of ModuleType

David bouncingcats at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 10:56:35 EDT 2019

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 at 02:57, Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org> wrote:
> On 27/04/2019 01:22, David wrote:
>
> > It's no big deal, but I wonder why you wouldn't approve an address
> > the first time you see that it is being used for legitimate discussion.
>
> Time...
>
> It takes about 10 seconds to scan a message and click the button
> to pass it through (or reject it). It takes about 2-3 minutes to
> navigate to the admin screens, find the email address and change the
> moderation settings.
>
> So its only if I see the same address multiple times I feel the
> need to take the time to de-moderate it. If its only an occasional
> post its easier to just click Accept a few times.

Thanks for replying.

I'm sorry to hear it's such a headache. It sounds like the list
manager interface for that task is dreadful. It should be able to take
you straight to the configuration for the user who wrote the message.

Or even automatically change the moderation status of the user,
after one (or some configurable number) of their messages is
approved.

I think our timezones are out of sync. It seems to take around a day
for my messages to reach the list.

I guess I'll just remain as a reader, and only write if I have questions.
It's not a problem.

I'm grateful for the fact that it's a mailing list, not a forum. Thanks
for keeping it spam free.

I've written a question occasionally, but I usually manage to answer
them myself while writing them, before hitting send, so I didn't trouble
you with those :)