[Tutor] Putting a Bow on It

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 12:28:28 EST 2019

On 11/02/2019 13:48, Chip Wachob wrote:

> I realize that choosing a tool is always a case of personal preference.  I
> don't want to start a 'this is better than that' debate.
>
> If the 'pros' out there have more input, I'm all ears.
To be fair this is not just a Python problem but applies
to almost all languages. Java and Smalltalk probably come
closest to having a solution that genuinely works
across multiple platforms.

Three is a lot of work going on in Python land but no universal
solution. Some things work better on particular platforms.
And building library packages is easier than complete applications.

But for now, if you have more than a pure Python application,
you are pretty much stuck with building multiple solutions with
multiple tools.

I think.... ;-)

--
Alan G