[Tutor] How to use "curses.resizeterm(nlines, ncols)"

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 00:00:04 EST 2019

I am trying to understand the functionality that the Python module,
curses, provides.  But I am stuck on how to use the command,
curses.resizeterm(nlines, ncols).  At
https://docs.python.org/3/library/curses.html#curses.resizeterm it says:

<quote>
curses.resizeterm(nlines, ncols)¶

Resize the standard and current windows to the specified dimensions,
and adjusts other bookkeeping data used by the curses library that
record the window dimensions (in particular the SIGWINCH handler).
</quote>

After much experimentation -- to no good effect -- I have concluded
that "resizeterm" does *not* mean resize the terminal window that the
curses program is running within.  Can someone give me a working
example of how to use this command?

TIA!

--
boB