[Tutor] How to create a structure from a Log file

Bob Gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 08:32:40 EDT 2019

On Mar 11, 2019 2:53 AM, "Asad" <asad.hasan2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All ,
>
>            I think this format would be easy in a row and table format
>
> Date
> Time
> Message
> 1/21/2019
> 10:13:14.237 CET
> Method Entry. workDir=/tmp frameworkHome=/u01/app/oracle/product/
12.2.0.1/dbhome_1

For me the easiest would be to create an HTML page and display it in the
browser. You could start out with the table tag and then write each segment
of the log file into the proper column and end with a closing table tag.

I hope that's sufficient cuz I'm dictating this into my cell phone and
don't particularly want to try to actually dictate HTML or type it on a
cell phone keyboard.

Excel is also a good idea and there are several python modules dedicated to
creating Excel files. A Google search would reveal those.