[Tutor] How to store scores of a race's players

Bob Gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:57:34 EDT 2019

Please do not use a mangled return email address. It causes us a lot of
pain when we fail to read your address to fix it and get the message
bounced back. The only reason I'm even bothering to resend it is because I
put a lot of work into it.:
> On
> Mar 26, 2019 6:55 AM, "^Bart" <gabriele1NOSPAM at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I need to store scores of three players for more than a race, after
every race the user will read "Is the competition finished?", if the
competition if finished the user will see the winner who got higest score:

> Thank you for reaching out to us for help as You Learn Python. A good
mailing list to use instead of the main python list is tutor at python.org.
I'm including that list in the reply addresses; please use that address in
the future and always reply all so a copy goes to that list.

> This looks like a homework assignment. Be advised we won't write code for
you but we will help you when you get stuck and provide some guidance. I'm
personally curious as to who wrote that specification, since it is not well
written. One of the questions that fails to address is what if two or more
players have the same high score?

> It's also a little hard to guide you since we don't know what you've
already learned. One of the fundamental concepts in computer programming is
that of a loop. Since the requirements indicate there will be more than one
race that requires a loop. The simplest python construction for a loop is a
while. Within that Loop you write the code once rather than rewriting it as
you have done. I hope that is enough to get you started. Please apply that
advice as best you can and come back with a revised program.