[Tutor] Python Help: Converting a text file into a specified format

David L Neil PyTutor at DancesWithMice.info
Sun Mar 29 18:47:02 EDT 2020

On 29/03/20 11:56 PM, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
> On 29/03/2020 00:05, Vazquez, Juliana Mary wrote:
> We won't do your assignment for you but will try to help.

+1
...to help you learn.

> Incidentally the file you attached seems to contain patient records
> with real email addresses etc. You have just posted these to several
> hundred people on the internet.
>
> I suspect that is a breach of data protection legislation.
> Please take care of personal data. (Of course the data may have
> been anonymized before you got it, but it doesn't look like it!)

+1 (different rules/laws in different jurisdictions but an important
lesson to learn if you intend to work in data science!)

> It's also far more than was necessary to illustrate the file format.
> Just three or four records worth would have been sufficient, and you
> could have edited the contents to remove personal data. Some people pay
> for their data by the byte...

Indeed we do!

--
Regards =dn