[Tutor] Newline issues

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Mon May 11 16:19:54 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-11 12:59, boB Stepp wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 12:50:33PM -0700, Alex Kleider wrote:
>> On 2020-05-11 11:36, boB Stepp wrote:
>> > My end goal:  Get my Google contacts into Mutt.
>>
>> Are you trying to create a "~/.muttalias" file?
>> If so, I can send you some code that accomplishes this (using a gmail
>> exported contacts.csv file as input.)
>> Let me know.
>
> I was originally going to take that approach, but I stumbled across the
> simple abook address book program designed to work with Mutt, so my end
> goal is to get as many of my contacts' details into abook as possible,
> which will probably be just about everything now that I know more about
> configuring abook.
>
> After that is accomplished I will be able to use my contacts inside
> Mutt.

I see that abook provides 'export filters' one of which works from
muttalias so you could create a muttalias file and then use it through
the filter into abook.
What is it about abook that you want/like/need? What functionality does
it provide?
The only 'features' described on their sourceforge page seem to be the
import and export filters.