[Tutor] Modules on Python

dn PyTutor at DancesWithMice.info
Thu Jan 6 20:33:58 EST 2022

On 07/01/2022 13.32, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
> On 06/01/2022 18:52, Jose Fonseca Garcia via Tutor wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We like to know how to update Python Modules on many servers and then those
>> modules  to be used for applications.
>
> Which modules do you mean?
>
> Python comes with many modules as part of the standard install.
> You update them by updating Python.
>
> In addition there are thousands of third party modules available.
> You need to update them from the original source - often PyPi.
> PyPi modules can be managed using the pip tool.
>
> If you run Linux you may get them from your package manager.
> But you need to know which modules you have and want to update
> and to which version you need to update - it depends on the
> Python version you are running.
>
> The good news is that usually once you have updated the modules
> they will be available for the corresponding version of Python
> to use.

With a bit more information about the problem, more specific answers
will become possible...

If a professional operating system and network is in-use, there are
tools which will implement each of these (or any of the above that may
be relevant), on any number of servers, concurrently, and from a single
command.
--
Regards,
=dn