[Tutor] A sorted dictionary (of sorts)

Ed Connell edwinconnell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:29:00 EDT 2022

Hi,

The following works fine, but it always made me nervous because
ordinary dictionaries  are not supposed  to be sorted.  It works (for
now).  Should I worry that some new version of python will break things?

    # produce a sorted dictionary
    sorted_names = sorted( Team_Calc_d, key = lambda e: Team_Calc_d[ e
].current_power,
        reverse = True ) # sorted by current power
    TeamPwrSorted_Result_d = {}
    for tm in sorted_names:
        # setup SortTeams_PowerResult_Dict and copy from Analysis objects
        # to Results objects
        TeamPwrSorted_Result_d[ tm ] = Results( Team_Basics_d[ tm
].start_power )
        # create the dictionary
        TeamPwrSorted_Result_d[ tm ].current_power = Team_Calc_d[ tm
].current_power

    needs_processing = False # we just updated

    return TeamPwrSorted_Result_d

--
I have a right and a left brain, but there is nothing right in the left one
and there is nothing left in the right one!