[Types-sig] Scarecrow Proposal

Jim Fulton jim@Digicool.com
Tue, 01 Dec 1998 21:19:50 +0000

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     >> Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     >> Doesn't it make sense for introspection purposes to have access
>     >> to the methods defined in an interface through the interface
>     >> object?
>
>     JF> Of course, but *not* as attributes of the interface.  The
>     JF> interface will provide methods for getting these.
>
> Okay, but then the objects those methods return will have to have all
> the (appropriate) attributes one might expect to be able to get from a
> "normal" method.

They will have an interface for getting all that information.
Exactly what that interface should be is open for debate.
It probably shouldn't involve code objects or other artifacts
of the current CPython implementation.  At one time, Guido
seemed not to like people to use things like func_code, func_defaults,
etc.

Jim

Technical Director   (540) 371-6909              Python Powered!

repeats.