[Types-sig] Types sig dead or alive

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 15:15:58 +0000

Paul Prescod wrote:

(snip)

> Jim
> can at the same time circulate an interfaces proposal.

nah nah nah ... Jim is out of the interface proposal business,
at least for now. There was alot of discussion last year that
smelled reasonbly much like consensus. I put out a v0.1 release
and waited the usual 1 year for comments. I've updated the release
to reflect the 1 comment I got and have re-released the software.

See: http://www.zope.org/Members/jim/PythonInterfaces/Summary

I'll be releasing this more widely (comp.lang.python)
and I imagine that someone will learn alot more about it
while incorporating it into Zope.  After we get some
experience using it, we should devide what, if anything more
to do with it, especially in standard Python releases.

> I am only interested at this point in the static type checking problem.

Cool.

(snip)

> I am happy to have interfaces discussions in the sig

Please, lets refocuss the SIG and let interfaces escape.
If anyone really cares about interfaces, lets form a separate
SIG or mailing list.

BTW, let's let the "Classes vs. types dichotomy" escape too.
I promise to attempt a summary of the earlier discussions.
Then we can decide what, if anything, to do next based on that.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.