[Types-sig] PyDL RFC 0.02

skaller skaller@maxtal.com.au
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 03:17:59 +1100

Paul Prescod wrote:

> The important thing is that Greg's code (presumably!) knows how to
> propogate types around expressions and suites like:
>
> j = k or q(foo() and bar())
>
> That's quite an accomplishment considering how quickly he coded it.

	I agree. More to the point, Greg says this is primarily
a framework -- clearly, it is currently a pretty lousy checker,
but there's scope to add rules to improve it.

	The same is true of the code I'm doing for the
cgen_module function in Viper: it generates pretty lousy code
at the moment -- but that can be fixed later. What's important
at first is a working implementation that covers the territory.

--
John Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au
10/1 Toxteth Rd Glebe NSW 2037 Australia