[Types-sig] updated proposal (fwd)

skaller skaller@maxtal.com.au
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 23:15:59 +1100

Greg Stein wrote:

> > C/C++ has distinct namespaces for certain names.

	Not really. C has a separate space for structure names,
but C++ has a unified space, plus some hacks and kludges for
compatibility with C.

> hmm, i see the complication, and could live with this either way, but
> I'm not convinced that there does not exist the possibilty of a way to
> make interfaces and classes share names that is reasonable, just that
> it's unlikely that one exists.  thanks for clarifying.

	class X: ...
	x = X()

I'd say that x, not X, has interface X, if anything does.

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au
10/1 Toxteth Rd Glebe NSW 2037 Australia