[Types-sig] typecase hack

scott scott@chronis.pobox.com
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:26:08 -0500

Interesting.  Yes, it should work.  Are you proposing this as the way
to do it?  It'd be nice if it works, but my vote has gotta side with
the availability of a more elegant approach.  I think this
disambiguating thing is going to happen a lot, mostly as the result of
things defaulting to None so often.  I count 147 (is (not)?|==)\s*None
matches in the standard library.

Neat, though.

scott