[Types-sig] how to do a typecase? (was: Static typing: Towards closure?)

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 20:34:06 -0600

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> My argument restated briefly is that we should clearly specify the
> type system for Python, so that we can verify that typecheckers
> faithfully implement the type rules.

I think that this should be non-negotiable. My proposals have been
couched in standards-eze to allow exactly this level of
interoperability.

Earth will soon support only survivor species -- dandelions, roaches,
lizards, thistles, crows, rats. Not to mention 10 billion humans.
	- Planet of the Weeds, Harper's Magazine, October 1998