[Types-sig] Core Python.... (less is more)

Daniel Wang danwang@CS.Princeton.EDU
12 Jul 2000 19:06:51 -0400

Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> writes:
{stuff deleted}
> Should Daniel really define "core Python" or "a small, optimizable
> Python subset." The former is probably more interesting to his thesis
> advisor as a really challenging problem, but the latter would allow us

Just and FYI, I'm deep into the thesis pipeline, and this little crazy idea
is something I plan to do after that nagging little thesis on garbage
collection gets finished... I think the small optimizable Python subset is
someting I could bite off without too much problem...

In anycase I got the impression that the entire class system was built on top
of dictionaries, or did I misunderstand how things actually work?