[Types-sig] Revive the types sig?

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
12 Mar 2001 07:55:07 +0000

Paul Prescod <paulp@ActiveState.com> writes:

> I think that if the types-sig is going to come up with something
> useful this time, we must observe a few principles that have proven
> useful in developing Python:

Here's mine: don't waste all your energies on discussion here.  Spend
at least some of them actually coming up with something concrete and
for bonus points implement it, or we'll just have 1999-12 again.

Then we can shout about that.

I'm not sure design-by-commitee can ever work in a vacuum and fairly
sure it can't when there is an unbounded number of commitee members.

Cheers,
M.

--
  If comp.lang.lisp *is* what vendors are relying on to make or break
  Lisp sales, that's more likely the problem than is the effect of