[Types-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Revive the types sig?

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:17:42 -0500

> Prelude:
>
>   I've just been digging a bit through the types-sig archives.  Aye carumba,
>   we are opening a big-arsed can of worms up here.
>
>   In a way, we may be leading ourselves down the same path of confusion,
>   maybe what we need here is a very high level description of vision, scope,
>   and goals, perchance a use case or two.  At DC, we like to do these things
>   in Wikis so that they don't get lost in the archives.  I'd be happy to
>   create a Wiki for this.

Yes, Yes, YES!

The goal of whatever it is we're doing here should be to come up with
a PEP, and a Wiki seems to be a good way to iteratively approach
writing a PEP.  (As long as eventually it's moved into the PEP.)

I also believe that without an outspoken author who heads the effort,
there's no hope.  Paul, please either lead the way or say you ain't
"it".  We've had enough meta discussion.  I know *I* ain't gonna be
"it" -- I just don't have the time.