[Types-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Revive the types sig?

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:02:10 -0500 (EST)

I included a bit or orienting text in the page.  I'm willing to lend a
hand, if people need help getting acquainted with them (though i may start
with suggesting reading the HelpPage).

Ken
klm@digicool.com

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:00:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>
To: Paul Prescod <paulp@ActiveState.com>
cc: <types-sig@python.org>
Subject: Re: [Types-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Revive the types sig?

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Paul Prescod wrote:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > You may try out a hybrid approach: use the Wiki to record progress as
> > it is made in the email discussion; then latecomers (or historians :-)
> > can use the Wiki to get up to speed.
>
> That would be fine with me. Every time we update the document we could
> record why we did so in the Wiki. Michel, could you please set up a Wiki
> for the goals and requirements document?

Sure.

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/types-sig/FrontPage

You'll need a (free) Zope.org account to edit the Wiki.  I can also make
it so that any anonymous visitor can edit it, that might be a bit too wide
open for you, it does give me the willies.

The text formating rules are called StructuredText, you may know them, you
may not.  If you don't, you can select 'plaintext' as your format and no
special markup sniffing will be done.

The Wiki is also self documenting, and there's a sandbox you can play in
to get the hang of it.  Good luck!