[Types-sig] Ready for the next step

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:15:45 -0800

Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> We've got two wonderful suggestions on the table:
>
> Ka-Ping Yee's  class Spam(Interface)

Ka-Ping's proposal overlaps alot with the work they've been doing at
Digital Creations for the last, oh, 4 years. I think we either need a
PEP from each or they have to get together and unify their proposals.

> Tim Hochberg's def spam(egg:Integer, beans:File)
>
> The two suggestions do not conflict, meet many of the
> project goals, and are straightforward to implement.

Yeah, it's straightforward to implement until you try to implement it!
Python doesn't have a proper type/interface hierarchy. We still need to
figure that.

--
Python:
    Programming the way