[Types-sig] Sample declarations

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:46:16 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > I agree. This comes back to the issue of interfaces. I think that the DC
> > guys have made some progress on a standard type hierarchy, haven't they?
>
> Not that I know of.  I've seen an UML diagram purporting to be "the
> Python type herarchy" but it has all of the same flaws your first
> attempt exposed, and a lot more time was spent. :-(

I haven't seen the UML model you have, but I do know that most of my
effort spent toward interfaces didn't attempt to define any of them at
all, just the framework for them.  There has been a slight amount of
effort from what I've seen, spelled out in Python, toward this goal, but
not much.

I would be interested in seeing that model you refer to.  Who showed to
you?

-Michel