[Types-sig] Type Annotations Progress report

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak@knm.org.pl
15 Mar 2001 21:57:31 GMT

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:00:49 -0700, Tim Hochberg <tim.hochberg@ieee.org> pis=
ze:

> Also, I see that CheckInterface, if passed a tuple or a list as in
> interface, checks each item in the checked object against each item
> in the interface.

IMHO checking that all elements of a list (an unspecified number)
implement an interface is far more common than checking a particular
list pattern. Lists are more or less homogeneous. When elements don't
have the same role, a tuple is used.

So if (Interf1, Interf2, Interf3) could play the role of an interface
pattern for items, then [Interf] should mean that it's a sequence
whose all items implement Interf.

--=20
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/
  ^^                      SYGNATURA ZAST=CAPCZA
QRCZAK