[Types-sig] Static Methods instead of Interface construct?

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak@knm.org.pl
24 Mar 2001 19:37:10 GMT

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:26:42 -0500 (EST), Clark C. Evans <cce@clarkevans.com=
> pisze:

>     This proposal asks that None be allowed when calling a
>     method using the class syntax, e.g.,  the following=20
>     syntax would be allowed, MyClass.method(None,...).

I would be more radical and allow anything as the first argument.

In other words, don't touch function objects while retrieving them
from a class. Instead, convert them to bound methods when retrieving
them from an instance.

The only problem seems that some errors will be poorly detected.

--=20
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/
  ^^                      SYGNATURA ZAST=CAPCZA
QRCZAK