[ULS-SIG] Experiments with Self-Organizing Object Meshes

Duncan McGreggor duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 23:23:14 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Duncan McGreggor
<duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Duncan McGreggor
> <duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> Jamu and I have started brain-storming on the topic of
>> "self-organizing object meshes" in earnest. I should clarify that it's
>> the brain-storming that's in earnest; who knows what will come of it
>> ;-)
>>
>> We've got a Google doc up right now, with a basic sketch of what we'd
>> like to accomplish, likely with more to come. So far, 9 patterns have
>> been identified for further experimental hacking. There are also 4
>> target environments currently identified. You can view the doc here:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVGwpdQOa6W2ZGd4bjdqM3BfNmNzbXI5NmNm&hl=en
>
> I've had more time to reflect on this and play around with code. I've
> updated the doc with a note about using message queues (in several
> anticipated forms, from simplistic to complex) instead.
>
> I'e done some experimenting in other branches, and will start bring
> that code into the branch listed below.
>
> More soon...

For those wanting to track the commits, they are viewable here:
  https://code.launchpad.net/~txuls-dev/txuls/soom

towards the bottom of the page.

The top of the page has a link to source code, if you want to browse.
Right now, the docs/USAGE.txt file has a full description of the
(limited) features implemented so far.

After the next round of commits, I'll be updating the TODO bullets
with [DONE] [IN PROGRESS] etc.