[Web-SIG] Re: [client side] RFC 2616 HTTP header parsing, Digest auth, and cookies

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Thu Nov 6 20:14:26 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Anthony Baxter wrote:
[...]
> There's something similar in the urllib2 code for this.
[...]

Yeah, though, as I said in my post:

http://www.python.org/sf/735248

And the combination parse_http_list / parse_keqv_list isn't quite general
enough for my (cookie) purposes.  But, I see your Digest fixes have been
checked in, and Greg's show no sign of moving ATM, and aren't usable for
non-auth purposes anyway.  I'll replace my function with a new one that
uses parse_http_list.

(And, presumably, Greg S.'s auth code will eventually obsolete the current
urllib2 auth code.)

John