[Web-SIG] Re: [client side] RFC 2616 HTTP header parsing, Digest auth, and cookies

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sun Nov 9 19:28:58 EST 2003

>>> John J Lee wrote
> > (And, presumably, Greg S.'s auth code will eventually obsolete the current
> > urllib2 auth code.)
>
> So I guess there's no moral imperative <wink> on Anthony to fix
> parse_http_list.

I've not seen Greg's auth code, but I'm working on breaking out the digest
auth code into a separate module. There's a bunch of non-HTTP protocols
that can use digest auth (IMAP and SIP, to name two) so it makes sense.

Is there a thorough and exhaustive list of the various magic variants that
need to be supported by this code?

Anthony