[Web-SIG] htmlgen

Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Thu Oct 30 11:33:18 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Ian Bicking wrote:

> > should be one, but I don't see any reason to include one without good
> > reason when there is no obviously "correct" way of going about it.
>
> If we were talking about a templating system, then yes, way too much
> personal preference there, but this isn't really a templating system.

HTMLgen has a DocumentTemplate thing which is a bare bones templating
system allowing for substitution in a text file. I think something
primitive of this sort and perhaps implemented based on this:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/81330

(which can probably be even further optimized)

would be nice to have in stdlib.

Grisha