[Web-SIG] Re: Latest WSGI Draft (Phillip J. Eby)

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Aug 25 02:37:01 CEST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Oops.  We both goofed: this should be:
>
>     headers['content-encoding'] = ['gzip']

Was there any resolution on how headers are going to work?  While it's
certainly more confusing to deal with a list of headers, as opposed to a
dictionary of headers, I feel like the whole thing is a little vague at
this point.

Must all values be lists?  Other sequences?  Is it an error to put a
string there?  I fear I'd see a lot of:

content-encoding: g
content-encoding: z
content-encoding: i
content-encoding: p

Must all keys be lower case?  If not, headers aren't going to be any
easier to work with as a dictionary than as a list.  If they are
required to be lower case, again it seems like a fragile part of the spec.

It all makes me think that it'd just be easier to write the four or so
functions to make lists of headers easy to deal with.

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org