[Web-SIG] Stuff left to be done on WSGI

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Aug 28 02:22:11 CEST 2004

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> For that matter, my preference would be for environ to be split into
> (environ, request_method, request_url, request_headers) or similar.
> However, I know it's late, and I don't want to hold things up.

I think this make pass-through a bit harder, which I imagine could be
fairly common.  And it also would add redundancy, since environ as
define by CGI contains all those other objects.  If not CGI variables,
then we wouldn't be building on any particular spec.

Also, request_url isn't actually part of environ right now.  Instead
there is SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO, which provides important information
about how to parse the URL.  There's also the (optional) REQUEST_URI,
which I think is useful, but only advisory.

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org