[Web-SIG] Asynchronous HTTP server in standard library ?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Jan 13 07:35:07 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:06:22PM -0800, Bill Janssen wrote:
> Yes, I think it's a good idea.  I'd like to see something a bit more
> substantial, though, on the order of Medusa.  Perhaps we could talk
> about what parts of Medusa could be skipped/re-written?

Graham Fawcett just made a subset of Medusa for inclusion in Quixote; it
came out to four files (http_server.py, producers.py, logger.py and
http_date.py).  Possibly logger.py can be discarded, and if desired we could
probably reduce the number of modules further by merging them.

The Medusa HTTP server supports 1.1's keepalive, but not pipelining.

--amk