[Web-SIG] Web Container Interface

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Jan 28 10:27:39 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:39:22PM -0500, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Unfortunately, this is also 100% out of scope for the interface, because
> every framework out there already has its own request and response
> types.  If Python had this from the mythical "day one", we'd have had a
> chance, but alas it's far too late for that.

Well, I'm pessimistic about managing to get request/response classes that
everyone is happy with, but it's also potentially low-hanging fruit that
would be a significant step toward drawing the Python/web community
together, as would Philip's WSGI proposal.  We should at least take a stab
at it.

--amk