[Web-SIG] Shameless self promotion, and serious question.

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Mar 17 16:03:31 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 06:15:38PM +0100, Paul Boddie wrote:
> support to be rather irritating - FieldStorage is just one part of that -
> and sometimes one wonders if it's really possible to make a sane layer of
> functionality without undoing the dubious design decisions of various
> frameworks and then having to reimplement that sanity, afresh, on top.

I suspect that most web frameworks will bypass the 'cgi' module as much as
possible; it's too messy to deal with and too difficult to clean up.

I'm puzzled by the WebStack package.  Why implement a layer of sanity on top
of various dubious frameworks, instead of just implementing that layer of
sanity directly?  But then it's just another framework, and it becomes
apparent that definitions of sanity differ.

--amk