[Web-SIG] Re: WSGI and Configuration

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Nov 14 18:20:47 CET 2004

At 04:21 PM 11/14/04 +0000, Alan Kennedy wrote:
>1. I think there is an opportunity here, by standardizing middleware
>configuration, to forge a standard for total portability of middleware
>between WSGI environments.

If we can first establish a basis for configuring basic application
deployment, I think we'll be in a better position to tackle that idea, just
as we're now able to consider configuration and deployment, because we
first settled the communication spec.

IOW, I'd want to see if we can come up with a nice clean deployment spec,
and then see how it could be extended to support middleware, rather than
dilute the initial focus.