[Web-SIG] WSGI adoption

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 23:23:08 CET 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:57:30 -0500, Peter Hunt <floydophone at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd suggest simply using plain Python as a configuration file format.
> It's just as easy to understand and far more flexible than
> ConfigParser.

My $.02.

If you need source code to configure a package, you aren't really
configuring -- you're programming.

Simple configuration file formats such as the INI-style used by
ConfigParser restrict what can be done by configuration. This is good
because avoids mistakes and abuses. If you need more flexibility, then
it's better to do it in real code. Also, WSGI applications may end up
being used by people who have little or no knowledge of Python.
Keeping the config in a INI-style file facilitates things a lot, both
for customization and also for support.

That's all IMHO, really. Your mileage may vary.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com