[Web-SIG] WSGI adoption

Peter Hunt floydophone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 02:04:06 CET 2004

You have valid points on the python-based configuration files.

First, let me go over what a configuration file is. A configuration
file defines one instance of middleware.

Let me explain what "before" and "after" are. If I have a given
middleware "module.middleware2", and
before=module.middleware0,module.middleware1, and
after=module.middleware3, the gateway will essentially do a call like
this:

module.middleware3(module.middleware2(module.middleware1(module.middleware0(...))))

Configuration files won't actually specify module.middleware1, they
will specify a configuration file which will have the middleware
"name" as module.middleware1. That way, we can specify separate
parameters to middleware1.