[Web-SIG] Latest WSGI revision posted; finalization soon?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Oct 2 01:07:04 CEST 2004

FYI, I've posted a new revision, mainly it's just the changes Mark proposed.

At this point, the only real open issue is what to do about the async API,
and drafting a section on sync/async/threading, to replace the currently
very short section on threading.

It's been a little over a week since I proposed an alternative way to
structure an optional asynchronous API, but I haven't seen any comments on
that API.

I'd really like to get some sort of async API finalized, just so that there
is some "standard" way of offering the feature.  But, since I personally
don't need it, I'd like some guidance from the community as to what
approach is more desirable.

The other option is to merely present some ideas and alternatives in the
PEP, and leave it to the community to try different things.

Whichever way we go, I'd ideally like to see the PEP able to move to a
"Final" status this month, such that we don't make any further semantic
changes to 1.0.