[Web-SIG] Standardising containment.

Ben Sizer brsizer at kylotan.eidosnet.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 15:23:18 CEST 2004

Alan Kennedy wrote:
> The other main one that springs to mind is how WSGI applications
> discover the file-system path name that corresponds to an URI.

I thought that one of the major features of most of these Python web
frameworks is that a URI doesn't map to a file but to an object or a
function, several of which might be in one physical file. Since WSGI
seems to be promoted as a minimal system that applies equally to almost
any system, I'd think that such a mapping falls entirely out of its scope.

I agree that it might be useful to have this functionality. I think a
standard way to map URIs to Python files would be beneficial for Python
web development. I just don't see it fitting into what people here have
told me about WSGI.

--
Ben Sizer.