[Web-SIG] Standardised configuration.

David Warnock david at sundayta.com
Mon Sep 6 16:22:44 CEST 2004

Paul,

> You'll have to clarify that. I've been working on WebStack functionality
> which at least allows applications to treat sessions in the same way,
> and it
> shouldn't be surprising that this is possible given the narrow range of
> operations that most session implementations expose. Of course, were it
> possible for an application running on Webware to suddenly, between HTTP
> requests, find itself "migrated" to Twisted, it would be a bit much to
> expect that application to find its sessions intact after the move.

But I for 1 can certainly imagine an "application" consisting of
multiple servers, so that parts of the "application/site" are webware,
part twisted, part quixote. If all these supported wsgi and if there
were a wsgi session add-on then surely this heads towards the possible,
and that makes lots of things much easier to assemble/develop/extend.

Dave