[Web-SIG] WSGI tests

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Sep 29 07:05:28 CEST 2004

At 11:47 PM 9/28/04 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
>I've written some code for testing WSGI applications and servers.  As
>before, it's at svn://colorstudy.com/trunk/WSGI , or
>http://colorstudy.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/WSGI/
>
>The test so far has three parts.  There's a simple "echo" application; it
>actually does several things depending on what variables you give it.

FYI, 'echo.application' does not return an iterable, and is therefore not a
valid application object.  The 'lint' application also has a path that
returns None.

The part of the spec that allowed applications to return None instead of an
iterable has been gone from the spec for weeks; I mentioned its removal in
one of my regular "recent changes to the spec" posts here.

Applications *must* always return an iterable.