[Web-SIG] Just lost another one to Rails

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Apr 8 14:57:20 CEST 2005

Greg Wilson <gvwilson at cs.utoronto.ca> wrote:

>So my question is, has there been any movement in the wake of
>Michelle Levesque's web-off, and all the press Rails has been
>getting, to do something about this?

My own plans, time permitting, involve writing clearer introductory documentation for WebStack [1], making a "super bundle" of WebStack together with a few extra packages for typical Web development tasks (probably a forms package I have, plus some XML/XSLT stuff), and giving consideration to making applications easier to deploy than they are at present - that being a general issue with installing vanilla Python applications anyway, as anyone upgrading between Python versions will tell you.

In terms of hype, I might post an announcement of any completed activities to comp.lang.python.announce. Echo-chamber effects in the blogsphere, if any, can be produced by other people.

Paul

[1] http://www.boddie.org.uk/python/WebStack.html

Signup at www.doteasy.com