[Web-SIG] Re: Just lost another one to Rails

michael bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Sat Apr 16 06:51:59 CEST 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 8:54 PM, Brendan O'Connor wrote:

> Amen.  I don't mean to slam the work of any web framework developers,
> but you can't overestimate how much it helps just-beginning web
> developers to see a unified framework, or at least a good website that
> directs them to one particular way to do things.

this is what i dont understand; whats so hard about doing a little
research ?  why do people need to be told only one way of doing things
?  python is not the the mcdonalds of computer languages...its
sophisticated and thoughtful.   If youre dealing with a thoughtful and
sophisticated community, you need to approach it in a more thoughtful
and sophisticated way.    its reasonable to expect the community to
work up some standards for interoperability....but less so to present a
monolithic one-size-fits-all methodology to the masses so that nobody
need be bothered with some thinking and decision making.   that just
dulls the community down to its most unsophisticated level and insures
only the most mediocre outcomes.