[Web-SIG] Python Web Modules - Improved WSGI Support

James Gardner james at pythonweb.org
Mon Apr 18 20:40:21 CEST 2005

Hi All,

Whilst we are discussing WSGI implementations it might be worth
mentioning that the Python Web Modules WSGI support has been vastly
improved. There is some fairly comprehensive documentation and lots of
examples (including a full application example which adds data to a
database using forms and sign in) and a server on which to test them.

Of particular note, I've implemented some of the suggestions made on
this list:

* Auth middleware can catch 403 status responses and automatically
display a sign in form, handle sign in attempts, and redirect to the
original page on successful sign in.
* Error handling middleware can email error reports as well as display
debug logs
* Error document middleware can be used to catch unknown status codes
and automatically display an appropriate error document either from a
file, from a string or dynamically generated.

Other improvements to the modules include a far better session API and
an auth API that supports roles, access levels, groups, active/disabled,
encryption, multiple applications and a much more sensible API.

Cheers,

James

Website:
  http://www.pythonweb.org/projects/webmodules/