[Web-SIG] Preferred set of WSGI servers

Rene Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 22:41:45 CEST 2005

Supporting fastcgi is useful for two reasons.

Supporting fastcgi so that you can be called by another httpd, eg
apache, or lighttpd.  Some people allready use fastcgi to call php,
python or ruby on rails apps.

Supporting it to call php, or ruby on rails apps.  This way, twisted
could run .php files as almost fast as apache.  lighttpd an async
httpd server uses fastcgi for running php, and it is quite fast, as
well as being more secure than running mod_php with apache.