[Web-SIG] WSGI: Another level of indirection

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Aug 2 06:28:51 CEST 2005

Maybe a way to handle this configuration is to put in another level of
abstraction, sad as that is.

I'm thinking configuration files could have something like PEP 263's
encodings, except that it would be an indication of who knows how to
build the WSGI application from the file.  So it might look like:

# -*- wsgi-build: paste.wsgi_deploy:DeploymentConfig -*-

Which would work with the experimental stuff I mentioned before.  It
should also work with .ini files, Python source, and probably other
configuration file syntaxes.  At some point perhaps we'll come up with a
standard (aka default) builder, but this could remain useful despite
that.  It also means I can go forward with this right now and still be
future compatible.

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org