[Web-SIG] cgi.fieldstorage

tsoehnli@gmu.edu tsoehnli at gmu.edu
Sat Dec 24 18:53:16 CET 2005

I found cgi library to be too bulky for cgi actually. Its load time was enought to double the processing time of my scripts.  I changed that tho, by hand recoding most of everything, and removed certain things, like regular expressions, from the process, and replaced it with urllib's fast quote and unquote.    Right now to process file uploads is quite simple, though I have even seen some more modularized versions.  If you would like a copy of mine, I would be more than happy to email it to you, but yeah, the standard cgi lib is not all that great, and performance is weak.