[Web-SIG] Why is response_headers a list instead of a dict?

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Mon Dec 26 17:59:16 CET 2005

On Dec 25, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Clark C. Evans wrote:
> It seems that
> Microsoft's SDK still uses 'expires' in their Set-Cookie header [1],
> despite almost 8 years of it being expliclty removed from the RFC.

Sorry, but, despite the RFC writers best efforts, the newer RFCs are
almost universally ignored by servers, frameworks, and browsers. When
I looked a few months ago, even mozilla did not support the new
cookie RFC. I think Opera is the only browser that does. Netscape
cookies are unfortunately still the de facto standard.

James