[Web-SIG] Entry points and import maps (was Re: Scarecrow deployment config

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jul 25 04:08:41 CEST 2005

At 07:26 PM 7/24/2005 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>The actual syntax I'm going to end up with is:
>>       entry_points = {
>>           "wsgi.app_factories": [
>>               "feature1 = somemodule:somefunction",
>>               "feature2 = another.module:SomeClass [extra1,extra2]",
>>           ]
>>       }
>
>That seems weird to put the assignment inside a string, instead of:
>
>entry_points = {
>   'wsgi.app_factories': {
>     'app': 'somemodule:somefunction',
>   },
>}

It turned out that EntryPoint objects really want to know their 'name' for
ease of use in various APIs, and it also made it really easy to do stuff
like "map(EntryPoint.parse, lines)" to get a list of entry points from a
list of lines.

>Also, is there any default name?

Huh?

>   Like for a package that distributes only one application.  Or these
> just different spellings for the same thing?

I don't understand you.  The most minimal way to specify a single entry
point in setup() is with:

     entry_points = """
         [groupname.here]
         entryname = some.thing:here