[Web-SIG] JS libs: MochiKit

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:27:59 CEST 2005

Prototype does its business by mucking with Object.prototype, which
many people think is a no-no (it breaks certain things that you might
reasonably expect to work).

Prototype has gained a fair bit of acceptance because of Rails. So
much so that MochiKit even includes the $(elementid) shorthand for
document.getElementById(elementid) that Prototype has popularized.

If no one beats me to it, I'm hoping to port some of the visual
goodies from script.aculo.us and Rico, both of which are based on
Prototype.

Kevin